While reading about insecure.org's Top 125 security tools, it occurred to me that I needed to set up an easily editable repository of security tools I learn about or discover while studying my security training materials or reading general security news online. I've got notes regarding many security tools scattered across multiple note-taking applications as I search for which tool suits me best. Rather than consolidate those notes to one application before I settle on the correct tool, I decided to set up a Wiki where I could put all the tools into a website. It is my hope others will benefit from and contribute to this as well.
Now I'm working on documenting and expounding on the following categories of security tools:
- Free and Open-Source Software - FOSS tools for security work
- Commercial software - Paid tools used by security professionals
- Online Video Training sites which I have found to be essential tools
- Useful websites with guides on using various tools listed elsewhere in this wiki
- Distributions - Linux and other operating systems designed to be used by security professionals
- Virtual Machines and containers - A listing of virtual systems and containers to use as attack machines, victim machines, or general security toolkits
- Security frameworks which consolidate many tools together
MediaWiki has been installed.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.